Age UK Funeral Plans Reviewed
There are a lot of funeral plans on the UK market, and they all have different features and benefits. This is exactly why the Prepaid Funeral Review team was set up, to save you reviewing each of the 50+ plans which are or pretend to be funeral plans. So why not download our Funeral Plan Review Form – it will help you understand the options even if you do decide to do all the work yourself. More general information here.
Age UK Funeral Plans are effectively badged versions of Dignity Funeral Plans. To quote from their site “The Age UK Guaranteed Funeral Plan is offered by Advance Planning Limited, a company incorporated in England and owned by Dignity Pre Arrangement Limited (a subsidiary of Dignity plc).”
Age UK, with whom we have no association, say:
“Benefits of the Guaranteed Age UK Funeral Plans.
- Family and friends will not have to make difficult decisions and arrangements at an upsetting time.
- There is no bill left for them to pay for the services covered by the Plan. We guarantee to cover these costs for a cremation funeral.
- If you prefer a burial funeral, we can make arrangements (although the cost is not fully guaranteed).
- Three individual Age UK Funeral Plans give you the option to tailor your Plan to suit your needs. You can also add special requests such as favourite hymns or readings.
- The funds for your funeral will be securely held in an Independent Trust Fund that is separately and expertly managed.
- The Age UK Funeral Plan (in association with Dignity – a well established leading UK provider of funeral plans) is registered with the Funeral Planning Authority. This is the official body that ensures all funds are safeguarded and the highest standards of conduct are followed.
- No one is excluded from the Plan. The only requirement is that you are over 50 years of age and you can buy an Age UK Funeral Plan.Age UK Funeral Plan TV advert:
The Prepaid Funeral Review says of Age UK Funeral Plans:
If you would like independent advice on your choice of prepaid funeral plan, and you are not in a hurry, go here to download our questionnaire or (if you are keen to go ahead) give us a ring on 01323 740844. It will help you consider which benefits are most important to you. Clearly, financial strength is important. But other issues such as the limited choice of funeral director will be of importance in many areas, as will portability. The Age UK plan is rarely a really bad choice, but it certainly isn’t the best choice for a lot of people.
If you chose to download the questionnaire, when we receive it we will review it against our features and benefits database. Then we’ll recommend what we believe to be the most appropriate plan for you. All we ask is that if you decide to accept our advice, you buy the plan through us. In the unlikely even that you find the recommended funeral plan cheaper elsewhere, let us know and we’ll try to renegotiate the price for you.
We are not agents for Age UK, but we are for Dignity who provide the underlying plan.