Age UK Funeral Plans: our overall view
- Contact us to find the best plan for you. - 7.6/107.6/10
Age UK Funeral Plan Review. Funeral Plan Comparison.
We are not agents for Age UK prepaid funeral plans, but will at the very least match their prices PLUS give you our valuable bonus package. But very often they won’t be the best buy for you anyway. That’s why we exist, to review the dozens of available plans against your wishes and concerns, and recommend the plan which best fits your needs (and pocket!) Our service does not cost you anything, and almost always saves you money – so why not call us on 0800 0588 240? We will match or beat any online price on Age UK Funeral Plans and still add our £195 bonus package. If you are under 50, you can’t buy one of their plans – go here.
Age UK prepaid funeral plan review,
Age UK Prepaid Funeral Plans are decent plans but more expensive than some (and without our bonus package!) Prices range from £3,495 for the basic Ivy, £3,845 for the Holly and £4,245 for the Rowan which is their top of the range plan.
Age UK funeral plans are just one of a lot of funeral plans on the UK market, and they all have different features and benefits. This is exactly why the Prepaid Funeral Review team was set up, to save you reviewing the 50+ plans which are or pretend to be funeral plans. Yes, you read correctly, many plans are not even aiming to cover the full or most of the costs of a funeral! Just to be clear, AGE UK plans do not fall into that category.
So why not give us a call for independent advice on funeral plans – 0800 0588 240 – or use our Enquiry Page? Ask for details of our Best Price Guarantee and up to £195 bonus package!
We have put the Age UK Funeral Plan prices are at the foot of the page. Like all prepaid funeral plans, they are rising fairly rapidly, so it pays to buy as soon as possible. Especially when deposit account rates are miserly, The many different plan providers are juggling rising costs and prices for market share and profit. But at any given time, we will know which one provides the best value for your needs and wishes.
We will help you understand the options – even if you do decide to do all the work yourself and review the terms and conditions of the many dozens of prepaid funeral plans on the market. More general information here.
Age UK Prepaid Funeral Plans over 50 are effectively “badged” versions of Dignity Funeral Plans. To quote from their site “The Age UK Funeral Plan is offered by Advance Planning Limited, a company incorporated in England and owned by Dignity Pre Arrangement Limited (a subsidiary of Dignity plc).”
Age UK, with whom we have no association, say: “Benefits of the Age UK Funeral Plans.
- Family and friends will not have to make difficult decisions and arrangements at an upsetting time.
- There is no bill left for them to pay for the services covered by the Plan. We guarantee to cover these costs for a cremation funeral.
- If you prefer a burial funeral, we can make arrangements (although the cost is not fully guaranteed).
- Three Age UK Prepaid Funeral Plans give you the option to tailor your Plan to suit your needs. You can also add special requests such as favourite hymns or readings.
- The funds for your funeral will be securely held in an Independent Trust Fund that is separately and expertly managed.
- The Age UK Funeral Plan (in association with Dignity – a well established leading UK provider of funeral plans) is registered with the Funeral Planning Authority. This is the official body that ensures all funds are safeguarded and the highest standards of conduct are followed.
- No one is excluded from the Plan. The only requirement is that you are over 50 years of age and you can buy an Age UK Funeral Plan.
Here is their TV advert (don’t ring them though! Our number is below):
Our number for independent advice is 0800 0588 240
Age UK Funeral Plans say:
Age UK Enterprises work in association with Dignity Caring Funeral Services to provide prepaid plans. Age UK’s Funeral Plans are designed specifically for those in later life and offer flexible plans and payment methods to suit different requirements.
Age UK Funeral Plans have the following benefits:
- Guaranteed to cover the cost of the cremation funeral services detailed in the plan.
- Guaranteed acceptance if you are over 50
- No medical or health questions asked.
- Flexible payment methods
- Allows family and friends to add their own special tribute when the time comes.
Age UK Funeral Plans offerings:
They offer essentially 3 plans, a standard basic package, a middle range one and a top plan.
Differences are things like:
- whether a limousine or two are included.
- Whether the chapel of rest can be visited outside office hours.
- Whether you have to pay extra for the funeral procession to go from home to the service location and perhaps onwards.
- The quality of the coffin.
Dignity plc is Britain’s largest single provider of funeral related services and is one of the market leaders in the provision of pre-arranged funeral plans. Since 2009 Dignity have achieved 5th place or higher every year in the Top 50 Call Centres for Customer Service Awards and in 2012 and 2013 were awarded first place.
Age UK Funeral Plans are not the best value on the market for most people, but if you have already bought one, there is no need to panic, they are a decent plan!
Age UK Prepaid Funeral Plan Prices.
(Which we expect to remain valid until the end of October 2016.)
Age UK Ivy option price £3,495. This is their basic offering.
Age UK Holly option price £3,845. We can discuss the options with you if you give us a call.
Age UK Rowan prepaid funeral plan is their top of the range plan priced at £4,245.
Our job is to compare these plans with the others in the market and recommend which one is the best value for you. Don’t buy an Age UK funeral plan without getting independent advice from us first!