Choice Funeral Plans From Funeral Partners Review & Comparison.
Reading between the lines on the Choice Funeral Plans brochure, the firm would seem to be keen to grow very rapidly, Client funds are kept by the Ecclesiastical Insurance Company to ring-fence them from Choice Funeral Plans own money. Like many plans, the idea is to promote their own funeral directors services.
Full verdict awaited. It would seem that they are trying – like many others – to make their plans seem a little cheaper than they actually are. These days, the target expectation is that the contribution for third party costs should be £1,200 (index linked). The standard allowance with Choice Funeral Plans seems to be £1,050. You can add more cash, but other plans seem to us to offer better value. Let’s have a chat!
The company started in August 2013 and clearly has big ambitions and has grown from a larger group of companies. They offer a simple plan structure with a basic plan covering just the funeral directors fees. To that, you can add a contribution towards cremation or burial costs. Their recommended level is similar to that of other companies, but they do specifically allow you to build that up over the years, and not have to find it all in one go. Some other companies offer the same facility (which we applaud) but don’t make it so obvious!
Choice Funeral Plans also offer a Green option.
The brochure is not clear on how or if your contribution to third party costs is indexed, but we will be having a chat with them to clarify some aspects of their plans. We certainly don’t have a problem with them, but so far they haven’t made it onto our internal main Best Buy List, but all of our recommendations are personal, so you never know, we might recommend it for your precise wishes and location.
This is the Choice Funeral Plans promotional video (don’t ring them, ring us on 0800 0588 240 for independent personal advice.)
Why Choice Funeral Plans stand out (according to them!)
Because it’s straightforward, gives you financial security, and lets you plan exactly the funeral you want.
- is clear: it’s easy to understand, with no small print and no hidden costs.
- is good value: you can fix the costs of your funeral director’s services at today’s prices.
- is flexible: our Essentials plan includes everything most people want, and you can add to it at any time.
- brings you extra support: you can turn to our funeral directors for advice and support at any time.
- makes it easy to be green: with our Green Choice plan you can limit your funeral’s impact on the environment.
- are UK-wide: you can take your plan with you to any Funeral Partners branch in the UK.
- offers you exceptional financial security: we place your funds only in fully regulated UK assurance policies.