Prepaid Direct Cremation Plans Reviews.
What are prepaid Direct Cremation Plans? Simply, cremation without a service. Nothing to stop the family having a “do” at another time: but you will have gone off to a distant crematorium long before. It is a bit stark, so people should know in advance that there will be no normal ceremony. Another way of looking at them is as half-price funeral plans – without a doubt they are the cheapest funeral plans! If you are not quite sure if they would be right for you, have a look at this article – or give us a call. The latest list of providers of prepaid cremation without a ceremony plans is lower down the page.
“Very useful Guide, thank you. Miss J.O. London”
Do be warned though that the various direct cremation plans are very different in what they include, as well as what is and is not guaranteed. As with all plans, you need to read the small print carefully, and ideally contact us for genuine independent advice rather than a sales pitch. Just because you get the lowest price for a prepaid plan doesn’t mean it is the best value.
With a Direct Cremation Funeral Plan, the funeral director collects the deceased and that is the last the family see of them. In some cases, not even the ashes will be returned, or there may be an extra cost for that. The undertaker will take the deceased to their base, which might be hundreds of miles away and will then take them to a crematorium of the undertakers choice, to a cremation without a ceremony. After that, some firms will just spread the ashes at the crematorium, others will return them to the family – some inclusive, others at significant extra cost. Far from being a simple choice, these plans are more varied in what they do or do not include than most conventional plans.
Typically the cremation without a ceremony will be out of hours when costs are lower. Generally speaking, the family may not attend, though with some it is (just) a slim possibility.
Below the enquiry form, there are 10 questions on the issues surrounding whether or not direct cremation is right for you. If you are unsure, read that part first (or have a chat with our Direct Cremation Review team on 0800 0588 240) before carrying on. Alternatively, send us a specific enquiry using the form below, or a more general one from the one to the right.
Some Direct Cremation plans are more flexible than others, some do not offer any flexibility, so it is crucial to make the right choice. Even more importantly, many of them do not offer a guarantee that the cost of cremation will be fully covered, which is a strong reason for working with us. It is an interesting and developing market, but the plans are not all the same. There is a definite place in the funeral plan market for cremation without a ceremony, but it is a niche area and it is certain that some of those left behind will find it a strange and upsetting choice, especially if there is no advance warning.
But you do need our advice because the terms and conditions of the various direct cremation plans are very different, and a lot of people’s plans will create an unexpected extra bill when they are used. Our independent advice costs you nothing, all we ask is that you use our paperwork if you accept our recommendation.
Direct Funeral Plan Reviews.
The providers we have tracked down who offer prepaid direct cremation plans are, in no order: (do bear in mind that not all will operate in Scotland or Northern Ireland.)
Co-op does offer direct cremation, but at present only at the time death, not by way of a prepaid plan. So it is just a cremation with no ceremony wherever is cheapest for them (as the family won’t be attending). No doubt they will bring out a suitable plan eventually for those who wish to plan ahead.
Memoria (low cost funeral)
Which are the best direct cremation plans for you and your pocket?
For advice on choosing the most suitable prepaid Direct Cremation plans (UK), use the form below or just give us a call on 0800 0588 240. We will provide cost information, and a formal written recommendation for the cremation without a ceremony (or other plan) and quote for the plan we believe suits your needs. No sales pitch, just read and review the full details before making your own decision.
1. “I want to feel in control of my own funeral.” (Any prepaid funeral plan helps there – they don’t need to be direct cremation plans).
2. “I want my friends and family to be free to remember me in their own way, at a time and place of their own choosing.” But will they be happy with the choice being yours, not theirs? Do you want to allow a little flexibility?
3. “I don’t want my family to be burdened with excessive funeral costs.” Again, any prepaid funeral plan helps there, but cremation without a ceremony is certainly the cheapest.
4. “I want to make sure there are no arguments over my funeral when I’m not there to settle them.” OK, fair point – but will they blame you or each other if they don’t agree with you? Passions run very high when people die, and lashing out is common if there is no service.
5. “I don’t want my family to feel obligated to spend more on a funeral than they can afford or more than I would want them to spend.” Again, any prepaid funeral plan helps there. At least with direct cremation plans there is little chance for the funeral director to sell the super dooper gold plated coffin!
6. “Some of my family don’t get on with each other, for that reason I don’t want any fuss around my funeral.” We’re not sure whether it will prevent the fuss or make it worse!
7. “I don’t have any close family and most of my friends have passed away.” This may well be a good reason for using direct cremation plans, or if family live thousands of miles away and it would cost a fortune for them to attend AND they understand.
8. “I believe the physical disposal of my body can be kept separate from a Memorial Service.” Sound sentiments if family and friends understand.
9. “I want a funeral with no frills and no expensive extras.” But funerals are rarely about the wishes of the deceased! They are there for the living to mourn and celebrate your life.
10. “I lived my life as simply and honestly as I could and I want my funeral to reflect that.” See our response to 9. above.
At the end of the day, the choice of plan is up to you. Our mission is to put the advantages and disadvantages clearly, let you make the choice, and find the most suitable plan from the dozens available. Call us on 0800 0588 240. For some people, cremation without a ceremony is the right way to go, for others, we can review the options. we don’t just advise on direct cremation plans.