The Open Direct Cremation Plan includes:
- Collection of the deceased from the place of death and their conveyance to the funeral director’s premises during normal working hours.
- Care of the deceased prior to the cremation.
- Supplying a basic coffin.
- Provision of a vehicle to convey the deceased directly to the crematorium.
- Provision of sufficient bearers as required.
- Arranging doctors’ certificates where required.
- Completing and delivering to the crematorium the required statutory documents.
- Advice on registering the death.
- Disposal or collection of cremated remains.
- Payment of disbursement fees to doctors and the crematorium.
- The funeral directors professional fees in arranging and conducting events..
- Contribution towards disbursement fees currently set at £840.00 when taking out the plan
- No Cancellation Fees.
It should be noted that the Open Direct Cremation plan is not fully guaranteed at present and is relatively expensive.