The Dorset Funeral plan
Seems to have been taken over from a local funeral director by Ecclesiastical Planning Services, so we are not sure whether Douch & Sons are still involved. Either way, our conclusion remains the same/
The Dorset Funeral Plan is a version of that of Funeral Planning Services of Ipswich. It is certainly not a cheap option, but (unlike some other “local” plans) it can be transferred to another funeral director should you no longer live in the Dorset Funeral Plan catchment area. However, this may involve extra cost, they say. At the time of writing F C Douch also trade as:
- AE Jolliffe & Son of Ferndown, Dorset (as are all their branches we understand).
- Ives & Shand, Parkstone, Poole.
- Lesley Shand, Blandford.
- Douch & Small, Wimborne.
- Lesley Shand, Corfe Mullen.
- Albert Marsh, Wareham.
- Albert Marsh, Poole, and
- James Smith, Swanage.
Dorset Funeral Plans Prices and Options.
Prices as at January 2017. Always remember with any funeral plan that the third-party allowance is unlikely to be enough to cover the cost of purchasing a grave along with the other essential costs.
The Trent Plan £3,615 / from £68.22 a month.
This plan provides a simple service.
- Guidance on the registration of the death.
- Removal of the deceased from within a fifty-mile radius of their premises, during normal office hours.
- Care of the deceased. Viewing in their Chapel of Rest is not included in this plan.
- The supply of a basic wood effect coffin mounted with handles for either burial or cremation and engraved name plate.
- Attending to all the necessary arrangements and providing staff for the Funeral Service.
- Supplying a hearse to meet the family at the nearest Crematorium or Cemetery.
- A contribution of £1,175 is included towards third party costs which include doctors fees for cremation, ministers fees, cemetery or crematorium fees or church fees.
The Avon Plan £3,980 / from £75.11 a month.
The most popular plan option, covering what most people expect from a traditional funeral. It adds:
- Removal of the deceased within a 50 mile radius of their premises at any time, day or night.
- Care of the deceased in accordance with the wishes of the family, including facilities for viewing in our Chapel of Rest.
- Supply of a veneered oak coffin, mounted with handles for either burial or cremation, wreath holders and engraved name plate, double lined with interior lining, frills and silk pillows. The deceased may be dressed in a gown or their own clothing.
- Attending to all necessary arrangements and providing a full complement of staff for the Funeral Service.
- Supplying a hearse and one limousine. The cortege can leave from a private address prior to the Funeral Service at a local Church if required, then proceeding to a local Crematorium, Churchyard or Cemetery.
- Listing of all charitable donations.
The Oak Plan £4,270 / from £80.58 a month.
This plan provides services expected for a woodland burial with a few variations to the Avon plan. The plot, as usual, is paid for at the time by the family unless they already own it.
- Supply of a simple wood effect coffin (Bamboo and Willow coffins are also available – these are alternatives at additional cost). These are compliant with environmental considerations and suitable for Woodland Burials.
- The cortege can leave from a private address prior to the Funeral Service at a local Church if required and then proceed to the Woodland Burial ground.
The Stour Plan £4,280 / from £80.77 a month.
This plan provides an enhanced service and adds:
- The supply of a superior veneered oak coffin with raised lid and panelled sides mounted with handles for either burial or cremation, wreath holders and engraved name plate, double lined with best interior lining, frills and silk pillows.
- Supply of two limousines.
Dorset Select Reserve
If you wish to adapt one of their standard funeral plans to your own specific requirements, they can personalise a plan to reflect your exact wishes. As can most other funeral plan providers.