Iberian Funeral Plans Review.
A are a fully registered and operational Spanish SL Company with a Head Office in Malaga, regulated by The Ministry of Economics in Spain. Contracts are in place with leading English speaking Funeral Directors, with local offices and representatives, 24 hour English speaking bereavement telephone number. All plans are dual certification, which means the plans are operative wherever you reside (though we have had contradicting comments one that and other issues, which has downgraded their score). The prices are fixed on the day of joining and are inflation-proof according to Iberian.
They have both Internation and UK only plans – we focus on the UK plans on this page.
Under Spanish Law, Iberian Funeral Plan have to ensure that there will always be sufficient funds available to cover the last surviving plan member. All monies are deposited with the
BBVA Bank in a Funeral Directors Account (FDA) and remain in Spain to ensure security and availability of funds to cover the cost of the service and wherever it may be, thus ensuring your estate is not subject to extra cost.
Payments can be made by lump sum or a deposit followed by quarterly instalments in either euros or sterling. There is no interest charged on our plans and they can be taken over a maximum 5 year term at an affordable amount convenient to you. Should death occur before the plan is fully paid, a closing statement will be prepared and settled by the estate following the provision of the Funeral Directors services.
Iberian Funeral Plans provide 3 types of funeral plans
Beech Plan which is a traditional cremation with all of the necessary legalities for the funeral to take place. The UK version is £3,645.
Cedar Plan A plan that includes a traditional Church service of your choice and three days mortuary expenses allowing for friends and family to attend. The UK version is £3,980.
Oak Plan A complete repatriation service with the transfer of the deceased to a Funeral Director of your choice within the UK or other European country.
The Beech plan includes the following :
Administration of the Iberian Funeral Plans
- The Funeral Directors professional services including provision of the necessary staff, all legal documentation for the funeral to take place.
- Cremation Fees and Doctors certificates
- Conveyance to the local Funeral Directors premises.
- Two days mortuary expenses
- Hygienic care and preparation of the deceased for visit by family and friends
- Hearse for transportation of deceased to the crematorium or cemetery
- Supply of coffin, robe and fittings
- Provision of urn
- Help and advice to executors relating to registration and documentation
- Worldwide help and assistance if death occurs in another country
The Cedar Plan includes the above plus
- An extra day mortuary expense including extra hygienic care
- A church service with an English speaking Minister of Religion
- Music if required
The Oak Plan includes the following :
- Administration of the plan
- Funeral Directors services including conveyance to the local Funeral Directors premises
- full mortuary services including hygienic care and preparation of the deceased
- All legal documentation and administration necessary for the repatriation of the deceased to a Funeral Directors premises of your choice in the UK or any EU country.
- Supply of a Zinc lined hermetically sealed coffin.
Flights are not included and will be charged at the cost at the time of need
Contribution towards overseas burial are equal to cremation costs.
Worldwide help and assistance if death occurs in another country.
As I mentioned earlier payments can be made either by lump sum or on instalments of up to 5 years, Simply select the plan, deduct the deposit and divide by 60 months ( We prefer instalments to be paid quarterly if possible. )