Funeral Plans need independent advice
The Dignity Funeral Plans (only) are being offered by RIAS. We would humbly suggest that Dignity offer decent but expensive funeral plans – but maybe not be the best plan in your circumstances. Other plans are of course available to those under 50.
Be aware that the prices are almost continually outdated as funeral inflation is so high.
RIAS, Insurance for the over 50s, extends product range with Funeral Plan policy.
RIAS, specialist insurer for the over 50s, is expanding its product portfolio with the launch of new Funeral Plans. The Funeral Plans are designed to allow customers to pay up-front for their funeral, saving their families the cost and distress of making such arrangements at a later date. The average price of a basic funeral currently stands at around £2390* (Ed – not any more!) so it is very important to consider planning ahead. RIAS Managing Director Janet Connor comments.
“At RIAS we always put customer satisfaction and service first, and we never allow ourselves to become complacent about our product offering. Therefore, earlier this year we tested a new proposition for our customers by offering a selection of RIAS home policyholders pre-paid Funeral Plans. The results of these tests were outstanding in both response and uptake. We have therefore decided to launch Funeral Plans as a permanent part of the RIAS product range. We are delighted to have linked up with our new partner, Dignity, which is an expert in Funeral Plans, and look forward to providing this additional product to our customers.
”Dignity is the largest funeral services provider in the UK.
Facts about the Funeral Plans.
• Pre-arranged funeral plans give security and peace of mind to the customer and his/her family and friends.
• Offer is exclusively available to over 50s.
• All costs of services included in plan are guaranteed to be met: in less than ten years from now, a typical funeral could cost up to £4,000.
• Dignity has over 550 Funeral Directors as well as relationships with 300 independent funeral directors – nationwide coverage.
• Customer can be confident in the knowledge that their wishes are known and observed.To mark the launch of this new product, RIAS is offering £50 discount, available now to RIAS customers.
*Source: Mintel Funerals – UK – January 2007.