Our Privacy Principles and What They Mean.
Underneath, what data do we collect and how do we use it.
- Be transparent with the information we collect.
- We want our users to understand what information we collect and the value they receive in return.
- We aim to explain to our users the information that we collect from them and what we plan on doing with it. Where we use techniques that gather information without your direct input, we will let our customers and users know and provide them options to limit this collection.
- Allow users to easily access and update their own data.
- Having accurate information about our users helps create a smooth customer experience.
- We will provide mechanisms where we can to give our users access to information related to their account and other interactions with us. We want our customers and users to be able to easily correct that information if it is wrong or out of date.
- Be a guardian for user data and user privacy
- Users trust us with their personal information and expect us to protect and use it appropriately.
- We operate information privacy and information security programs that incorporate leading practices to manage personal data from collection through to destruction.
- Be accountable to our privacy commitments.
- We take our commitment to privacy seriously and hold ourselves to a high standard.
- Our program takes into account legal requirements and our commitments to our customers to deliver a trusted experience when interacting with us.
- Give users meaningful choices in privacy.
- We know that control over personal information is important.
- We give our users real and realistic choices about what information they share with us and how it is used, and provide visibility into those choices and how they can be updated.
- Limit the sharing of customer information.
- We limit the sharing of customer information and provide our users with visibility into circumstances where we could share with other firms, and choices about the extent that information is shared.
- Build and maintain safe and appropriate services.
- We work hard to provide buyers a safe and trustworthy place to get the help they require and we encourage feedback.
- We have implemented a number of programs to protect everyone who uses our websites. Where anything goes wrong, we have developed complaint and escalation processes to help resolve problems in a fair and consistent manner.
What data do we collect and how do we use it?
- Website visitors are tracked anonymously so we can see how many visitors we get, and the number of people who visit each page. We cannot tell who these visitors are.
- Unless we given you any formal advice (and thus we might have a potential liability) you may ask not to retain any information even if you have already agreed that we may.
- If you call us, we may see your phone number and, if you indicate it is appropriate, follow up to discuss our services – just say if you don’t want any further calls or emails.
- If you advise us that you would like further information or a quotation, we will follow up and, where appropriate.
- We do have the ability to follow up enquiries with additional emailed information. You will have to opt in for this, and each email will have a link in it which you can click to stop further emails. This may have the disadvantage that you may be unable to obtain further information on other topics using the same system.
- Website enquiry forms forward emails to us, and we delete the onsite database information after checking for missed enquiries, typically weekly.
- Because of the long term nature of our business, we retain information on people who instruct us pretty much permanently. If you don’t, we keep emails for up to 6 months, in case you come back again. Phone enquiries are deleted earlier.