The Rise of Prepaid Funerals
Prepaid funerals sales continue to grow substantially – at least with the mainstream suppliers who are regulated by the Funeral Planning Authority. Sadly, not all providers of prepaid funerals are regulated by the FPA. We at the Prepaid Funeral Review do think that all suppliers of prepaid funerals should be prepared to submit themselves to such regulation.
Against a backdrop of funeral price inflation running at around 8.7% – which means that even a basic funeral costs around £250 more than it did a year ago – 8.3% more people are fixing the cost of their funeral by buying a prepaid plan this year than did last year. Not many industries have managed 8.3% growth in the current economic climate.
In many countries, prepaid funerals are the normal thing, and in the UK it seems that people are starting to appreciate the benefits amongst which are:
- No need to worry about the high rate of funeral cost inflation (once you have your plan that is.)
- No need for the family to worry about finding the cash at a difficult time.
- No need for the family to quarrel about the arrangements – you have decided!
- You can pay by lump sum, by installments or a mixture.
- With the Prepaid Funeral Review on your site we’ll help you find the most suitable plan for your unique requirements.
|Calendar Year||Plan Sales in Period||Plans Drawn Down in Period||Plans Undrawn at End of Period|
Sales of prepaid funerals have doubled over the last 6 years, which is pretty amazing. Even in tough economic times – perhaps especially in tough times – people seem to want to make sure that the essentials are in place. So it seems likely that the rise and rise of funeral plans will continue for many years to come.
The Rise of Prepaid Funerals.